Thursday 27 October 2011

heyy ya'll
I thought I might start pimping my blog with some previous work from uni.
Now these three little characters are my own creation due to a independent project.
Walter, Pierre and Charles are all done in a stippling technique, throught this blog you'll get to see lots of it becuase for some weird reason I kind of enjoy it. Stippling for those who don't know much it's pretty much lots of dots built together to create tone and shape
it's not commonly used as a technique and in the business in illustration but it is something im interesting in seeing how I can apply it to the market. This was part of my independent project, I applied these little birdies to notebooks which I will post later along with their personalities :) 

2 comments:

  1. These are great! Stippling is relaxing yet frustrating at the same time for me. The results always make it worth it though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Yeah stippling is hard I've done a few other stippling stuff but these ones just really annoyed me. These are using pen but I've used did do one with ink and nib which took forever!

    ReplyDelete